I Woke Up Like… 40 K + Q&A About Violette Daily
I still can’t believe you’re now 40 K to follow me along my blog journey! I’m so grateful to all of you who give me the support I really needed, need and will need. I took advantage of this to tell you a few things about myself. Unsaid story, I wanted to share it with you.
I Woke Up Like… 40 K and Q&A About Violette Daily.
How I Got Started
I took my courage in both hands to write this down.
I always feel awkward when people are asking me this question. I don’t really know what to say, afraid of frightening everyone…
My Instagram account started in June 2014, where I secretly posted pictures about my “previous life” in Shanghai. It was a kind of reminiscence of these beloved moments there, about a year after my life could have been stoped by a freaking crazy guy. I couldn’t believe someone would ever break my head and life, and I still can’t. Hard to believe I left my University and woke up somewhere in a hospital, without understanding and realizing what I was doing there, three weeks later.
I’ve never been able to understand what happened to me, I am not sure I will one day actually.
After one year of surgeries because of skull fractures, three years of reeducation and all the most boring things you could ever wish to anyone, I really feel like I had to do it. I really needed to stay in touch and connected with people who didn’t know anything about what happened. It was a vital need.
Now, it’s been maybe about two years I’m blogging “full time”. If I can say so, because my “accident” completely changed my life, at every level. From the post traumatic damages, such as tiredness, to self confidence, it’s been – and it still is – a hard time to get back to the real and normal life.
Why I Decided To Create Violette Daily
Once I started blogging I immediately loved it because it was a way to escape from the medical and trauma things that completely change my life.
- Just because I was sick and tired of reeducation, which drove me crazy as ever! As I said previously, it was like a vital need. In fact, I had to stop my studies and the life I was dreaming of in Shanghai.
- “Daily” because I wanted to create this dreamy everyday Parisian life any one could dream of. It was not perfection, I have to admit but I did my best to do so!
- I wanted to write in English because I used to speak this language in Shanghai. It had a comforting power or something like this.
- As my hair has been shaved many times because of surgeries, I really had to gain confidence. Now, you can understand why my hair was so short and I want to let it grow! Also, why I do care SO MUCH about it and love it to the moon and back! You can’t imagine how happy I am when you’re complimenting me about it!!
- I can’t believe how I physically and mentally changed. This blog help me a lot through the past three years.
- I need to find always some inspiration for my blog content. For example, drinking latte (hence the Starbucks thing seen here) is comforting me and great for mind and thinking blog post, outfit, etc. This is actually a part of all the things I have to work on to live as normal as before, like “fun reeducation”!
What I Learned
I learned a lot from this bad luck accident. Thanks to this blog I met so many people, some were really nice, some others pathetic and useless. I realized you can’t count on anyone but your family, wether you need the smallest help or anything else.
One of the hardest consequences is the tiredness. I keep fighting against this so annoying thing which so handicapping. I’m trying to do my best and work hard on these blogging things. While being self conscious about all the damages caused.
No pain no gain, is something etched in my head and what I told me every single second.
Less is more, is my second motto and apply it to everything in life.
How I See Violette Daily
I’m so happy with all I achieved because I came from no-thing. Four years later, I’m still recovering, so I have a lot of time (not so much now!) for me and my blog.
I’m dreaming big because hope springs eternal. There are so many projects in my mind, no matter if I can’t make them right now. I know it takes a lot of time to build something strong.
I think I gained enough self confidence to believe in myself and follow my dreams to make them come true.
Anyway, the guideline of this blog is about my Parisian life through my style and I hope you’re enjoying it as much as I do! Thank you for your support and all your kind comments everyday!!
PS: I feel heart broken to post these old pictures and so happy, I still can’t explain what I really feel actually! *shed a tear emoji*